FAQ for Exhibitors
- General Information
- Equipment and Design
- Jury and Assessment
- Pitching Session
- More Information
What is the objective of the Project Preview?
The motto ‘projekte.verbinden’
(connecting.projects) is to be taken literally. The Project Preview offers all
students, teachers, staff members and interested parties the unique chance to
obtain information about projects of all departments.
We encourage all exhibitors to take a look at their colleagues’ and other departments’ stands as well. Let each other’s projects inspire you and seize this opportunity to exchange your views!
What is the schedule of the Project Preview on 14 January?
- 15:00–18:00 | Presentation of the project booths in the hall, the assembly halls and the galleries of all three upper floors
- 15:30–17:45 Uhr | Assessment by a jury made up of participating students
- 18:00 Uhr | Pitching Session on stage in the large assembly hall in front of an expert jury
- 18:30 | Award ceremony for project stands in 10 categories
- 18:45 | The expert jury awards prizes to the three most promising pitches
Who can attend the Project Preview?
Everyone! All interested persons, friends and family are welcome at the Project Preview. Please feel free to invite project clients, internship companies and colleagues as well!
What do I have to know about the application tool/process?
- Exhibitors can choose their own stand location in the project application. First come, first served!
- The students themselves evaluate the projects! Within the framework of the project application, every team chooses at least 1 team member who is responsible for evaluating the other stands.
- This year’s Project Preview will be complemented by an exclusive Pitching Session once again. Following a qualification round in December, every project team has the opportunity to present its work to an expert jury within the framework of the Project Preview in order to receive financial support. Please note that the registration deadline for this is earlier (10 December 2019)!
What types of projects are admitted?
All projects from teaching, from all different study programmes and further education programmes of the St. Pölten UAS, no matter the study year (and also in English), may be admitted to the Project Preview.
Please note that we can only consider complete project applications.
Until when can I apply? What access details do I use?
Please apply with your name and project by 23 December 2019 and secure yourself a first-row location at the event. You can use your usual UAS login to do this. In case you wish to qualify for the Pitching Session, you need to submit your full application no later than by 10 December 2019!
Please note that we can only consider complete project applications.
Does every team member have to apply separately?
No, we need only one application per project, preferably submitted by the project leader, which includes a list of all team members (as processing rights will be allocated to all team members).
I want to apply with my project but I need some information first. Can I still change my application later on?
Yes, you can log into the system at any time until 23 December 2019 and change everything or add details, e.g. upload a picture, rephrase the description, describe the booth requirements, have posters printed, etc.
I have carried out the project application. How do I know whether it was successful?
When the system receives a project application, it sends a confirmation e-mail to you and all indicated team members. Moreover, your project is automatically included in the project gallery. Please make sure whether your project is displayed in the project gallery.
Booth Equipment and Design
What is included in the standard booth equipment?
Every booth is reserved a space of 2×2 metres. The project teams can hang up posters (pin board, glass surface, wall – depending on the respective location).
Until when should I order my additional equipment?
Please let the project administration (under ‘Standgestaltung’; booth design) know by 3 January 2020 | 12:00 which kind of additional equipment you need from the organisers (this includes power connections).
Attention: This is possible only if you applied with your project by 23 December 2019.
I need a monitor, beamer, radio, computer or similar devices for my booth. Do the organisers provide such equipment as well?
No, unfortunately not. You can, however, make use of the UAS rental systems in an independent and timely manner.
If you have any further questions, please contact: email@example.com
Am I allowed to bring my own furniture, devices, posters, etc.? Can I play music?
Yes, you are free to use everything that you can fit in your allocated space (2x2m). However, you are not allowed to permanently stick or spray anything on the walls. Please avoid unpleasant smells (e.g. due to sprays, glue, etc.) and very loud sounds or music that might impair the other exhibitors’ presentations.
Attention: highly flammable materials (such as straw, dry brushwood, etc.) are not allowed. For further questions, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
How do I get my requested equipment?
As far as possible, the requested furnishings and electricity will already be waiting for you at the booth. Alternatively, there will be an information as to where you can get and return your equipment. Klaus Temper is responsible for the coordination, so please contact him directly on the day of the event (14 January 2020) | T: +43 676 847 228 256.
Can I have a poster for my project printed at the UAS?
If you need a poster, you can request the event team of the Project Preview to have it printed. You can upload the posters and indicate the desired print size by Thursday, 9 January 2020 | 12:00 by using the file upload in the project administration. Only PDF files in the correct size (A0 or A1) and bled-off format and can be printed! There is no guarantee for Word, Excel or JPEG files and format sizes A6–A2. Posters can be collected on the event day (14 January 2020 ) at the stage in the large assembly hall.
Attention: take care to indicate the copyright holders of images/graphics!
How and where do I find out the location of my booth?
You are free to choose a location for your booth. Availability follows the
first-come-first-served principle! In addition, the floorplan will be available
on the homepage of our website.
Attention: location requests have to be well-founded and the booth design described accordingly. The event team reserves the right to rearrange booths according to their design. (For example, if a team has reserved a prominent location with a lot of space for their booth but intends to put up only one poster, this booth would be moved to a different location.)
The deadline for the booth descriptions is 2 January 2020.
Jury and Assessment
What is the composition of the jury?
- The jury consists of exhibiting students.
- Every team chooses one member (on the application form during the project application) who sits on the jury.
- A jury team is made up of two persons from different study programmes who are brought together at random.
- Participants will receive information regarding their jury partner and activation codes for the app vial e-mail by 10 January 2020.
How does the jury give its assessment?
- Jury member A meets with her/his allocated jury member B.
- The team A+B logs into the assessment app together, thus activating the assessment (which requires the activation codes of both jury members).
- The jury team visits the 5-6 booths allocated to them.
- Jury members A and B assess the project booths together based on the criteria (using the respective booth codes).
In case a jury team does not issue an assessment, the booths that these jury members come from are disqualified from the award ceremony.
What happens if I cannot find the jury member of the other project?
The assessment can also be carried out with any other registered project member. If no member of the allocated project booth is present, please contact Klaus Temper | T: +43 676 847 228 256.
Which criteria is the assessment based on?
- Booth design
- Presentation of the project process
- Performance of the project team
Are the projects clustered in terms of content?
Specialists from the departments allocate the project booths to content-related main categories. One winning team per category is selected through the juries’ assessment (directly via the app).
Pitching Session – Special Prize within the Framework of projectpreview.plus
Projects that are continued have the chance of winning a project grant from the Society for the Promotion of the St. Pölten UAS. This requires an application including a vision statement document, an application video and a budget plan as well as a project pitch within the framework of the Project Preview.
What are the requirements for participating in the Pitching Session?
- The project application has to be completed by 10 December 2019.
- You have to submit the following additional documents when applying with your project:
- Vision Statement (Download as .docx)
- Application video with a length of approx. 2-5 minutes
- In order to be invited to the selection process, you have to convince the preliminary jury. The chosen teams will be notified before Christmas.
What does the process of the Pitching Session look like?
- By 10 December 2019 | complete registration via application tool
- Preselection by preliminary jury
- Before 23 December 2019 | e-mail invitation to five selected projects
- 14 January 2020 from 15:00 | project exhibition within the framework of the Project Preview – including the possibility of winning in a certain category
- 18:00 | Pitching Session in front of an expert jury on stage in the large assembly hall – max. duration: 2 minutes | tools such as presentation, flipcharts, prototypes etc. are allowed
- Afterwards | confidential consultation and final decision of the expert jury
- Approx. 18:45 | announcement of winning projects and award ceremony
- Settlement of grant funds with the UAS service unit Research and Knowledge Transfer
Is there a budget for the exhibitors? If so, what can I spend it on?
Yes, every project team can spend a budget of up to EUR 30 on their booth. The costs will be reimbursed after the Project Preview only against submission of an invoice. The budget can be used for all kinds of marketing measures in terms of booth design and refreshments. The submission of invoices and reimbursement of costs is carried out exclusively by the service unit Finance and Controlling (first floor, room 1.17) until 31 January 2020 at the latest. Please attach the invoices to a sheet of paper (A4) and have the event management team (first floor, room 1.13) sign it before submitting it for reimbursement.
When can we start to set up our booth?
You can begin designing your booth on the day of the event (14 January 2020) from 12:00.
Where can I find the general conditions of participation for events at the St. Pölten UAS?
By submitting your project within the framework of the Project Preview, you and your project team agree with the data protection regulations.